Great tour of 3 ancient cities. Ephesus, Miletos and Didyma. This is a unique tour that allows you to see 3 Lycian Cities. Not to be missed if you are interested in History and Archeology.
What to expect during your Ephesus, Miletus, and Dydima from Kusadasi?
Private Full-Day Ephesus Tour with Miletus and Didyma
Your private guide will meet you at Kusadasi hotel with a sign written “ Your Name “ on it, anytime you want. After greeting, we will have 20 mins drive to the Ephesus area. We will start visiting one of the main highlights in Turkey, Ephesus, one of the 12 cities of the Ionian League (an ancient Greek district on the western coast of Asia Minor) is located near Izmir. As a port city, it was a major departure point for trade routes into Asia Minor.
Walk through history along marble streets lined with wonderful public buildings, among them the Baths of Scholastica, and the Library of Celsus; it was built in the beginning of the 2nd century A.D. by Gaius Julius Aquila to be a memorial to his father Gaius Julius Celsus Polemanus, the proconsul of Province of Asia. , the Temple of Hadrian and The Grand Theater are two of the most impressive buildings in Ephesus. Grand theatre was built in the 3rd century B.C. and it was later expanded to 24.000 spectators by the Romans in the 1st century A.D.
After Ephesus, we will head to our next stop Miletus, an ancient city located near the present Akköy at the mouth of the Buyuk Menderes (meander) River. Miletus owed its importance to its position on the trade routes. It was one of the largest cities in Anatolia with a population of between 80.000 and 100.000. Highly prosperous, it founded many colonies and was the home of the 6 BC philosophers Anaximander, Anaximenes, and Thales, the town planner Hippodamus, and the architect of Hagia Sophia, Isidorus. Having a prominent position, Miletus became the most important port in this area and it was the most active member of the twelve cities of the Ionian Confederation. In the 7th century BC, Lydians besieged the city. The city was then controlled by Persians, Romans,s and Seljuk Turks.
The next visit after Miletus will be to Didyma. The word Didyma means “twins” and it was associated by some as being the meeting place of Zeus and Leto to have their twins Apollo and Artemis. Didyma was famed as a prophecy center dedicated to Apollo, which served a similar purpose as the Delphi of Anatolia. It was not a city but a sanctuary linked to Miletus by Milesians with a 19 km/12 mi sacred road. At the end of the tour, we will drive back to Kusadasi port.
• Private Tour for your family and friends
• You will decide on the departure time
• Our tour guide will meet you at the Port/Hotel with your name signed,
• Our professional tour guide will be with you from arrival till departure,
• You will have the flexibility to spend how much time you want on each site and customize the itinerary,
• You do not have to wait for other group members
• You may stop to have pictures during your tour.
- This Tour is Not Suitable For Guests With Walking Difficulties.
- Hat, Sun Cream, Sunglasses, Camera, Comfortable Shoes, Comfortable Clothing.
- Children will be asked to present their valid passports at the entrance of the museums to validate their age.
What is included in the cost of the Ephesus, Miletus, and Dydima from Kusadasi Port?
- Entrance Fee
- All sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary
- English Tour Guide
- Excursion Transfers
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off transfers
- Lunch without Beverages
- Tips to guide and driver